Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 11 November 2008

Info Post





I just noticed that this blog turned the grand old age of 5 years old last week. Thats about 1307.2 years in human years, or something!

About 6 years ago I had to give up my job due to poor health and I naturally started to spend a bit more time on the internets which is how I had the time to start Look At This. It originally started out as a way to let friends and family see the interesting stuff I found while surfing the internets and it has just grew and grew and grew way beyond what I ever imagined it would. After the first year I was getting around 100 pageloads a day which I thought was quite neat for little old me. After 5 years of steady growth this site usually gets around 15-20,000 pageloads a day through the week with a little less at the weekends making probably the most visited link blog in the UK. Very soon this site should pass the 17 million pageloads mark. The thought of that still stuns me daily.

Another thing I got into after I quit work was photography. I was inspired by the pace of change here in Newcastle and about 3 years ago I set up my own photoblog to share some of the many photos I took, Photographs of Newcastle, with a little help with the template and such from my big but smaller brother who is an internet genius. Thanks wor kid! :)

Last year my health took a turn for the worse which meant I could'nt sit at this desk for as long as I used to and I was enjoying working on my photos site, which needed a lot more of my time spent on it to do it justice, so I decided to invite some of my favourite bloggers to join me here to take up some of the slack created by me being elsewhere which seems to have worked really well. So I'd like to take the time to thank Gary, Joanne, Amy, Cooper and Mrs ILuvNUFC for their brilliant efforts. Some of you guys and girls moaned, and probably stopped reading, about the new members but readership just keeps on increasing despite a few twisty faces. Heres to another 5 years and the projected 4 squillion pageloads a day!

Oh, BTW, I'm still looking for another blogger to join us here so if you fancy it drop me a line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment